Click here to visit our new HydroMassage websiteHydromassage and the tanning industry - FAQs
- How are HydroMassage systems used in Tanning Salons?
HydroMassage products work best in salons that offer other “spa-related” services to their customers…and…it’s no coincidence that these are the salons that are really successful.
Examples of other spa-related services that we’re seeing used in tanning salons are facial light therapy, sauna/aromatherapy, hydro massage, and manicure/pedicure. These are all perfect complements to any up-scale tanning salon, and in most cases higher success rates are seen in salons that offer more of these services, in comparison to those that only offer one or two.
- How does it benefit your customers?
- Improves The Tanning Process: Massage has been proved to increase blood circulation which, in turn, helps accelerate the tanning process (similar to tingle lotions).
- Provides Quick Relaxation: Most tanners don’t spend a lot of time in your salon, so they wouldn’t want to spend 30+ minutes getting a traditional massage. With Hydro massage products, they can get a great massage in 10 minutes or less.
- How do you make money with HydroMassage beds and tanning beds?
Two ways. You can either 1) Charge per massage session, or 2) Make Hydromassage part of a monthly membership package.
1. Charging per session
Salon owners who charge per session often charge somewhere between $0.50 - $1.00 per minute to use the HydroMassage beds. So, you could expect to charge between $5 and $10 for a 10 minute massage.
In addition, you can also sell HydroMassage sessions as gift certificates during holiday seasons (usually $20 for a 20 minute massage). People are always looking for unique gift ideas, and you get the benefit of both the increased revenue and a new potential customer walking into your facility. Besides, what other really unique gift can you buy for $20?
2. Monthly Membership Up-charge
Most commonly, salon owners are selling hydro massage as an up-charge to a customer’s current tanning package. Most are charging an extra $5-$20 per month for a customer to have access to the Hydro massage bed.
- How do you sell HydroMassage beds and tanning?
When you have a prospective customer walk in the door, you give them a tour of your facility. At the end of the tour, give them a free 5 minute teaser on the HydroMassage. When they’re done, tell them that they can have unlimited use of the bed for just $5 or $10 per month. The decision for them is a no-brainer… and…with the Touchscreen, you can give them their own personal code to turn on the bed (this ensures that only the members who pay for the bed get to use it).
The bed is T-Max compatible.
To learn more about hydro massage beds and the tanning industry, please visit http://www.hydromassage.com/tanning.cfm.